Friday, August 19, 2011

I feel kind of awkward giving these things titles, like I'm being over-dramatic. I guess it doesn't really matter, but giving them titles makes this whole thing more story-like, and I'm not so sure I want that.

In any case, I've looked through most of what's in the back of my car. Most, but not all: there are a lot of books, most of which I've read, but a few I've never seen before. A wide variety, too - everything from House of Leaves (which is so horribly cliche for this kind of thing) to pulp horror to children's books to YA. There's a ton of notebook paper, about half of it in actual notebooks, and everything there seems to fall somewhere between vaguely comprehensible and batshit crazy. A lot of pages are blank or scribbled-out. There are also CDs and prints of old surrealist art.... It's been a lot to take in. It's hard to believe that much stuff accumulated over the course of two months.

What it actually contained, though...trying to understand everything at once leaves my head spinning. It's like going to a church or a seminar or seeing some public speaker. You can't hope to remember everything covered. You can only grasp the basics, and even then, only one or two at a time. The sheer bulk of information makes understanding it all in one go nearly impossible. A lot of it would have been hard enough to wrap my head around, even in smaller chunks.

The strangest part, though...I'm supposed to publish everything. There are specific dates, sometimes even times, written on everything. And I found a note, in my own handwriting, that pretty much says my survival depends on me posting this shit when I'm supposed to. I guess I was making "deals with the devil." Yippee.

Earliest date I've found is the 22nd. The note, along with a few other things, will go up then (I'll probably have to get a photobucket, but I'll put as much as I can here). Let's hope I get to a library with a scanner before then so I don't die.

4 comments:

  1. If you find naming posts unsatisfactory, you can follow in my ironically paradoxical footsteps by titling them "Untitled."

    It saddens me, Aimee, to see that you can no longer run from running. How, once you became an Angel, you were thrust into hell. I had hoped that you could evade what the rest of us could not. I see now that such hopes were in vain.

    The luck I wish you, Aimee, is the purest I can muster, for now, only the best of luck will do.

    -Hyde

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...What the actual fuck?

    Do you think pissing on a dead kid's memory by stealing his work is entertaining? Not only is that plagiarism, it's sick. Jekyll deserves better.

    You've obviously read his blog, but I doubt you know what you're getting into. And honestly, if you're some kid who thought it would be cool to have your very own slenderblog, (but was too lazy to make something original,) drop it. I'm not kidding. Aside from the disrespect...do you really want to risk your life for the sake of a blog that's practically a copy?

    I mean, I thought this was fake, and look where it landed me.

    Really, dude. Drop the blog.

    (My nachos are cold now. Hope you're happy.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he can't, for the same reasons as you. Once you've been hit by the Compulsion, there isn't much you can do about it.

    Maybe using your own labeling system will help. stacks of paper, by date, by specific month, etc. Lots of rubber bands and colored stickers. Then again, I'm probably the only one neurotic enough to use that system and try to enjoy it.

    I wish ya luck. Lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got it mostly organized, Dia. It's in a bunch of stacks in my trunk now, and I'm sleeping in the backseat...but thanks. I'm just not willing to spend my dwindling funds on office supplies.

    And I wouldn't call it compulsion. It's not like I have to publish this stuff, but I've been (indirectly) threatened, and I don't really want to find out what'll happen if I don't. It's more duress than anything.

    And both of you (yes, even the copycat), thanks. I need all the luck I can get.

    ReplyDelete